information to hand


Frequently Asked Questions

Here at Woodside Containers, we believe our customers should have all the information to hand before making a decision. That is why we are always happy to deal with queries from potential customers in Croydon, South Norwood, and beyond. Whether you need us for commercial skips, mini skips, or domestic skips, we are here to answer any of your questions.

Frequently asked skip hire questions

Over the 50+ years we have been in business, we have delivered thousands of skips across the region. As you might expect, the same kinds of questions crop up, over and over again. On this page, you will find the answers to those Frequently Asked Questions. We hope you will find the information you need, and that this will be a time-saver for both you and us.

If the skip is to be located on your property or off-road parking, you do not need permission from the council. If it is to be located on a public road or pathway, you will need to obtain a licence. Your local council will charge a fee for this and that fee can vary, depending on which council is responsible for your area.

Merton and Lambeth councils need 5 days' notice to issue a licence. Please allow for this period when ordering your skip.

In some cases, you will need to arrange for a licence before the skip can be ordered. In others, the team at Woodside Containers will be happy to arrange this for you, so long as we have a minimum of 24 hours' notice.

If your skip is on the road, you have a legal obligation as the hirer to ensure that it is lit to prevent collision with vehicles.

There are a small number of items that we are unable to dispose of. These include:


  • fridges and freezers
  • contaminated waste
  • asbestos
  • gas bottles
  • plasterboard
  • tyres
  • televisions

All our domestic skips, commercial skips, and mini skips are hired out for 14 days.

To order a commercial skip, domestic skip, or mini skip from Woodside Containers, simply pick up the phone. Call our South Norwood office on 020 8654 3003 and speak to a member of our team. Our office hours are:

Monday to Friday       07:00 to 17:30

Saturday                      07:00 to 12:00

We accept most major forms of payment for your skip hire agreement. These include both cash and cheques, as well as all major credit and debit cards.

Provided you give us a minimum of 24 hours’ notice, Woodside Containers will refund any cancelled skip order in full. Unfortunately, road licences are provided by the council and not by us. If this has already been ordered and approved, they will not refund your fee.

Woodside Containers

Get in Touch

We hope you find the answer to your question on this page. If there is anything else you need to know before reaching a decision, do not hesitate to ask us. We provide a reliable local skip hire service for customers across South Norwood, Croydon, and beyond. As such, we are always happy to answer any of your queries. Simply give the team a call today on 020 8654 3003.

Call Us On
for more information on our skip hire and waste disposal services
Scroll to Top